Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

UAVs

            Back to those pesky UAVs (of which there are more than one type – actual UAVs and bigger than the other, smaller UAV called a Raven).  The thing that gets me about UAV pilots is that they are really little more than glorified RC plane or video game operators and they get treated like they are demi-gods.   They have to follow all the same rules as REAL pilots – which they aren't.  They can't pull guard, must get 8 hours sleep before they fly, and during our training, they couldn't be bothered with going to a bunker during an attack or defending the perimeter against the OPFOR.   UAV pilots are way to high on their own fake flying job.  They act the they are real pilots, which they aren't.   But, anyhow, enough of my ranting.  And, for the record, I know I haven't met them all, and I know they aren't ALL like that.  Just the ones I've dealt with.

2 comments:

AtaiDanu said...

*giggles* I don't know any Raven pilots, just hunter and shadow. As for your take, that is one way of looking at it. I don't think they enjoy the restrictions either (same as regular pilots) but oh well.

Anonymous said...

hmm.... maybe someone should put these "fake pilots" in their place. You too have a JOB to do...

well maybe after reading your post... you dont actually do that much... but in all fairness I know that the others around you do.

Is there anything you can do about it?... maybe start throwing rocks at them at night? How low are they?.... maybe you should ask your wife to send you a sling shot...

Profile for Polarbz