Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

DAY 43 / JAN 11

You may have noticed a misplaced entry here or there… read below and you'll see why, I can't go to the blog site and check things out.

 

DAY 43 / JAN 11

 

            Today was the official TOA (Transfer of Authority) between the 4ID and 3ID on Warhorse.   With that said, nothing is different.  Not even the sign in the DFAC has changed from the 3ID patch to the 4ID patch – and that's surprising.   Usually when we take something over we graffiti everything with the Ivy Diamond. 

            Other than the TOA and some outgoing fire, the day was quiet.   Had the usual meetings and that's about it.  All in all, just one more day closer to going home.  I think the number left is right around 322.   It seems like a lot, like a very lot, but we're getting there, one day at a time.

            Tonight it rained heavily and flooded everything again.  Just when the mud was starting to dry, it rains again.  Dammit, I'll never get my boxes out of the milvan!  I don't want to take them out when the ground is soaked and I damn near have to wade through a lake to get to my CHU.   If I were carrying one of my boxes, I think I'd sink into the mud and be stuck until someone grabbed the wrecker and pulled me out.

            Maybe I'll try again another day.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz