Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

DAY 45 / JAN 13

DAY 45 / JAN 13

            Friday the 13th and no attack.  Good deal.   No black cats, no ladders, none of that good stuff.  Its been over a week since the last metal rain, but I still think its more due to the fact that movement in the mud is slow at best.

            We've picked up some more firepower in the form of 2x 7.62mm machine guns from another company.   We also picked up rounds for it.  Now, we just need to get people qualified on the systems and they'll be ready to roll.

            More meetings this morning followed by coordination with another unit to get people from here to there (wherever there might be).

            I also almost had one of my emergency leave folks also miss his movement to where he flies out due to some miscommunication within my battalion.   If I had listened to them, he'd still be here, waiting for the movement which already left.

            Once they said to wait, I went to the BN that was actually running the convoy and asked them when and where to be.   They told me that the convoy was already at the gate and was leaving in 10 minutes.  I grabbed a humvee and my Soldier and drove him to the gate where I made sure he got into a truck.   Some things just don't get done unless you do them yourself.  It's a sad truth.

            The day ended with a game or two of basketball, at which I am not very good.   But I try hard, and move fast, and I play a fair defensive game.  My offense consists of throwing the ball to someone else, or missing a shot.   My team ended up losing, but at least the game was close – next time they won't be so lucky.

            Getting in good PT around here is hard, especially when we're wearing our IBAS all the time we're outside.   Once we can downgrade a bit, we'll be able to get in some football or something during the day, and that will help a lot.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz