Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Monday, January 16, 2006

DAY 48 / JAN 16

DAY 48 / JAN 16

            Still under blackout.  I think I explained blackout in a prior entry, but just in case I didn't – a blackout is when someone in our Brigade is killed or seriously injured and the family must be notified.   In order to ensure that the family is properly notified, the Brigade cuts off communication from the Brigade back to home so that Soldiers don't go tell their wives or friends who then go and tell someone and eventually it gets to the relative of the deceased before the Army gets their team together to take care of it "the right way."   It has its ups and downs, but the thought behind it is honorable.

            Other than no communication to home, its been a regular day: meeting in the morning (that I almost missed because I woke up late – 0800 for an 0830 meeting).   I ended up missing my morning shower and was unable to procure any coffee before the meeting so I was dragging myself around all morning.  Not a good start, but not a bad day all in all.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz