Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

DAY 33 / DEC 31 - HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!

DAY 33 / DEC 31 – HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!

Deployment 9% complete

 

            We were supposed to be mortared today.  And, so far, we have had nothing.   Don't get me wrong, I like NOT getting attached.  But, you'd think if they go to all the trouble of telling us they're going to attack, they might as well do it.   Get us all riled up for nothing.  Maybe that was the plan?

            So, it started off as just another day – and stayed that way pretty much all day.   Even up until now.  Sure, I had some work to do, and still do – but its nothing major.  The work I still have to do is more like pre-work for some real work that I might have to do in the near future.   Just trying to head things off at the pass.

            I coordinated to get my trucks over to Anaconda without having to send a full patrol, but in the future I will probably have to patrol out to Gabe and Caldwell to either pick things up or drop them off.   I'm going to try and make it happen in the same trip in order to avoid any unnecessary movement.

            I got my first package from my wife today!  I was ecstatic to see it and even happier to get what was inside.   She sent the best gift of all, an "Easy" button.  That way, when things get tough or seem impossible, I just hit the "Easy" Button and everything falls into place.   It sucks a lot of juice so I have to use it sparingly.

            Another thing that is different from home is mail.  Yes, mail is important, it is a connection home that is essential to good morale.   But there are precautions that go along with mail.  We have to be careful that when we throw away the packages and boxes that all our goodies come in, we completely destroy the "return" and "to" addresses so that no one can did through the garbage and get that information.

            And magnets.  I never thought about it until today, but our steel CHUs are the ideal place to hand stuff and decorate with magnets.   So, I'm going to ask for magnets, all shapes and sizes, so I can decorate the inside of my CHU with magnets and also use the magnets to hold the stuff from my kids on the wall.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz