Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

DAY 25 / DEC 23

DAY 25 / DEC 23

 

            Getting into a rut, not a whole lot to do until the company equipment gets here and even what there IS to do, I just don�t feel motivated to do it.  I feel a slight case of depression setting in, but I�m sure its only temporary and will go away once I get doing stuff again. 

            I found a CD and book with a bunch of Iraqi Language phrases and good stuff like that, so I plan on going to the Haji mart and seeing how I do.  Although, after thinking about, I might be wrong in thinking that the Hajis in the Haji mart are actually Hajis.  It could be that they are Indians (from India) and not Iraqis, in which case all my hard work learning some Iraqi might be for naught.  But, I�ll give it a try.

            Well, finally back to the CHU.  The afternoon was a long one.  First I wrote letters to my kids (by hand) which took longer than I thought it would, but it will be well worth it.  They will each get their very own to open and read.  I even made an attempt to draw my youngest daughter a picture she could color.  After that I had to go to a 1600 meeting, then a 1700 O-call, then an 1800 BUB prep for a meeting tomorrow morning with the ADC-somethingerother.  A General, anyway.

            I figured that I might need to get a haircut for the meeting and went over to the haircut place, which of course closed 2 minutes before I arrived and they would make no exceptions for the likes of me.

            I then went and called my lovely wife and fired an email or two off.  It�s the highlight of my day to talk to my family.  Even if only to know she�s right there on the other end and that for a few minutes we are connected � it may be only by electricity, but at least we are connected.  She is all I need.

            While I was there, I made contact with one of my troops who knew someone who did some haircutting.  After I left the phone and computer place (they kicked me out because I was there way over my time limit), I went to the CHU or the haircutter, who, after a little finagling, agreed to cut my hair tomorrow at 0700.  I hear he does a great job, I guess we�ll see in the morning.

            I�m still sore from the workout I did yesterday.  My muscles are aching and it hurts to move.  I think that�s a good thing.  I should go again soon, but I can�t tomorrow � maybe the day after that � Christmas.  Merry Christmas to me.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz