Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Friday, December 30, 2005

DAY 30 / DEC 28

Day 30 / Dec 28
The real work started today. We began to put our gear into motion
and actually get stuff done – not too much though, wouldn't want to
overdo it.
The big news is – its getting cold here. I wouldn't have thought
that it would really get cold, but it has, and I'm having to actually
wear warmer clothes, even during the day. The sun comes out, but
doesn't heat things up the way it should, I think it needs to have its
thermostat adjusted a little to the right.
Now that the leadership has really arrived, the meetings of hell are
beginning. Today I had a 1500 convoy meeting, a 1600 update meetings
(that now lasts an hour instead of the 10 minutes it used to take),
and starting tomorrow I have ANOTHER convoy meeting at 1700. With all
these meetings it's a wonder anything actually gets done. Or maybe,
that's why they have these meetings, so that the leadership is out of
the way, and the Soldiers CAN get the work done. Either way, they
suck.
I found out yesterday that some of my troops have been going to play
basketball without me. I can't say that I'm really any good at it,
but I like to try. Anything competitive, I'll give it a shot.
They want us to start getting into the office and "shadowing" our
counterparts, but really, there isn't that much to do and the offices
are too small for twice the number of people to do nothing. We all
just take up space and fog the windows. So, I've been more or less
wandering around, looking for things to do, checking on Soldiers, etc.
Thankfully, I actually have work to do tomorrow. I have to plan the
convoy up to our supply FOB that we are going to go on in the near
future. That should actually take about 15 minutes of work – so I'm
saving all the fun for tomorrow.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz