Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

DAY 20 / DEC 18

DAY 20 / DEC 18

 

            A much busier day than has been in awhile.  After a late night last night, bringing in about 30 troops for our company, we went for a quick tour of the FOB at around 1100 (which my PLs missed).   I took them to all the important places and introduced the leadership to all the important people.

            After that it was back to CHU fixing up, and the Soldiers went crazy, making decks, walkways, desks, shelves, and anything else that could be made of wood.

            I went and check with Haji for a Coax / AV converter but he didn't have any, he told me "three days."   Go figure. 

            I'm sure other people did much more than I did, but I felt busy all day, and always had someone around, either introducing them to someone or showing them something or somewhere.   I met up with CPT C from the outgoing unit and tomorrow we will discuss the RIP plan and when we can get started. 

            I also found out today that some people that I thought were driving here are actually flying and will be here on Wednesday or Thursday – that should take a lot of stuff off of my plate and allow me to focus on my main jobs here.

            I finally went to the MWR area.  It consists of a computer lab with a 30 minute internet time limit, a TV room, a Playstation Room, and a library with a bunch of free books.   I looked around and found "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown (author of "Da Vinci Code") and carry that around to read during those periods of waiting or when otherwise indisposed.

            Had some dinner and that's about all she wrote for today.  The sky was blacker than usual because the moon had not yet risen and all the lights were off.  When I came out of the DFAC, I got a little bit disoriented and it took a second to figure out where the hell I was, but I managed.   Once I got on the road, I was able to fully enjoy the lakc of light pollution and take in all of the stars and the Milky Way and all of the constellations.   The nights are nice here, and it'll be interesting to see what a new moon looks like here.  It'll be dark as hell – I'm sure.  The next couple of weeks, especially when our equipment gets here will be more busy, but it is starting to get busier by the day.   Tonight I should have the rest of my 60ish people here and we can really get started on the RIP training. 

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz