Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

DAy 84 / FEB 21

DAY 84 / FEB 21

 

This morning I talked to a Chaplain about a situation that I hoped he could shed some light on.  Chaplains do not, ever, carry weapons.   To me, that means that a conscientious objector (CO) SHOULD be able to be a Chaplain (Conscientious Objectors are people who have the view that war in all forms is bad and that they could not kill another person for ANY reason – even in defense of themselves or others).   Anyway, it is a long process to actually get the official CO status and nowadays it means you get put out of the Army.  But, in thinking about it, you SHOULD still be able to a Chaplain.

---Unless you are OUR Chaplain.  Our BN Chaplain is a CPT who I mentioned this little scenario to and he flat out said that if he was out, and things were getting bad, he would pick up a weapon and shoot the bad guys alongside everyone else.   His opinion was that if he didn't, he might end up on TV getting his head cut off – and that would be bad for everyone.  I tend to agree.   In fact, he even told me that he WANTED to carry 9mm.  That's the kind of Chaplain I want on my patrols.

 

Other than my conversation with the Chaplain, it was a quiet day.  Nothing to speak of – meeting, the usual work (look for this, find that, do this paperwork).   Everything went smooth and still no mortars.  Now its 15 days without any booms on the FOB.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz