Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Day 80 / Feb 17

DAY 80! / FEB 17

 

Another set of 10 down the drain and fast approaching 100 days.  Every day is the same, again.

 

Showers this morning were unexpected.  After the nice dialog I gave yesterday, someone had to go and change things.   And not for the better.  Remember the two "good" showers?  Well, when I got in there this morning, they were BOTH destroyed.   Like someone had taken their heads and ripped them from the wall – which they probably (not to mention any names, but I think the Georgians did it – they have a tendency to be a bit wild and violent) did, but I'll never know why.   Hopefully the people can fix them quickly.  It also looked like someone had used the shower to clean the mud off of their boots – actually like more than one of them had done that.

 

I went to my usual meeting and back to the office to catch up on some desk clean up.   So, now my desk is only moderately messy.  I considered trying to REALLY organize, but determined that that was a lost cause and quit before I started so I couldn't fail.

 

Now, I grew up in the 80s and 90s and have played my fair share of computer games, from the original pong all the way through the modern games.   The only reason I mention this is to preface the fact that I have never been motion sick from a 3D game.  When Castle Wolfenstein came out, it was notorious for making people queasy because of the way the room spun around.   Not me, I had no problem.  And all through, I've never had a problem.  Until recently, I've had TWO games make me want to throw up.   The first was one of the Harry Potter games, I felt a nauseous and quit playing – and got better.  The second is one that I just tried today and it was even worse than the HP game!   After about 5 minutes of playing, I feel like I need some cold fresh air, or I'm going to lose it.  I'm kinda concerned about that – is motion sickness something you can develop?

 

I researched the numbness is my finger and have determined that I think its just from leaving on it too much.   It pinches a nerve in the elbow and causes the numbness – guess I need to stop doing that.

 

Reading the news today, I saw that the United Nations has decided that the United States needs to close Guantanamo Bay Terrorist Prison.   Normally, I don't really care what the UN thinks and I don't really pay attention.  But, in light of the fact that we did come over HERE based largely on the fact that Iraq ignored and violated numerous UN sanctions and stuff, it seems that we might have an issue with not at least considering what it says.   Yes, I realize that the only nation in the UN with any power is the US, but we kinda look hypocritical when we go after someone for opposing a UN thing and then we turn around and oppose something else ourselves.   We either need to get out of the UN entirely, or at least attempt to pretend like we care what they say about us as much as we profess to care about what they say about everyone else.   Personally, I'd like to see us kick the UN out of NY and let them fend for themselves.

 

Speaking of foreign policy – I also think it might be time for the United States to regroup.   We need to brings our troops back from wherever they are, bring our money back from wherever it is (all that foreign aid), and then start to reorganize all of our supplies to better protect US and OUR people.   In fact, as of now, I'm running for Mayor, Governor, Senator, Representative, AND President of whatever city, state, and district YOU live in (but I'm a write-in underdog, so get the word out for me!)!   I swear that if I win any of those positions I will serve faithfully to the best of my ability and will keep all the promises I make.  So now, for my policies…

                1.  Bring home all the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guard from all non-US owned property.   If we've been there for a long time and the county can't take care of themselves by now, they've wasted our money and our support.

                                A.  The FIRST priority for our troops will be homeland security.  We will protect the borders with our Soldiers, our waters with our Sailors, or skies with the Airmen, and everything else with the Marines (wherever we need them).

                                B.   We won't send anyone else out to fight someone else's war.  NOTE:  I don't think that we are doing the wrong thing in Iraq and I fully support what we are doing and how we are doing it!   I would just do it differently.

                                C.  Once we have secured our borders and country, we can assist our allies in doing the same with theirs.

                                D.  We will NOT assist countries either militarily or financially who don't want us to, or who bad-mouth America and Americans all the time.  If they don't like us, why are we helping them?

                                E.  We WILL finish multiple projects concerning national defense such as the ICBM interceptor missiles and maybe space based lasers.

                                F.  When we determine that we MUST go to war in order to protect our society and people, we will REALLY go to WAR.  There won't be any half-assed effort.   And we will finish the job quickly and thoroughly.

                                                (1).  We will have clearly defined objectives that, once complete, will mean we can go home.

                                                (2).  Our forces will attack with overwhelming force and numbers with a speed and audacity reminiscent of Patton and McArthur.  In war, Soldiers die, but in "Peace Keeping," more Soldiers die.

                                                (3).  Any countries we go to war with will, regrettably, suffer collateral damage.

                                G.  We will NOT reinstate a draft and will maintain an all volunteer Army.  However, we will introduce certain incentives to join the military or serve the public in other ways.

                                                (1).  Reduce or eliminate federal taxes for those in the military or in public service.

                                                (2).  More to come.

                2.  Eliminate all foreign aid (only temporarily).   Once we regroup and rebudget it all, we can get the correct amount of money to the people who really need it in the world and won't just be handing out cash to countries X and Y because "that's how we've been doing it so far."

                3.  Flat tax across the board.   After we determine how much we need to run the country, we set the tax level the amount where everyone pays x% of what they make.  Period.   No discounts for this or that or the other thing.  No itemizing.  No cheating, no screwing over the little people who can't afford CPAs and lawyers to do their taxes.

                4.  Same deal for business tax.   No more big companies weaseling out of taxes because they have more money to buy the right people.

                5.  We will go back to when the government followed the Constitution instead of making its own rules.

                                A.  Spying on your own people is illegal without due process.

                                B.  Holding your own people in jail without a trial or representation indefinitely is also illegal – no matter what you use to justify it.  The ends do not justify the means.

6.  As with all government facilities, the White House offices are for business purposes only.

7.  I don't need to take money from wealthy lobbyists or any of those people because all of my votes are write-ins.   So, I'm not beholden to anyone.

8.  I didn't go to Harvard or Yale and I don't belong to any Secret Societies.

9.  Yes, I have skeletons, but no more or less than anyone else in an elected position.

10.  The Bill of Rights is paramount to the security and welfare of our Nation.

                A.   Freedom of Speech and Religion will be enforced.  Make all the stupid cartoons you want and don't worry about someone firebombing your house.

                B.   Right to Bear Arms will also be reinstated.  Nationwide.  States can make their own laws as to HOW you can carry, but no whether you CAN carry. Lethal force is authorized to protect your property or the life of yourself or someone else as a first resort.   You don't have to run away first.

                C.   No searching and seizing without a warrant.  No secret jails.

                11.  I think we should go back to the Presidential election system where the two people with the most votes for President became President and Vice President regardless of which party they were in.

 

Oh, and if I get elected as a Senator, I promise to only serve one term before retiring and collecting full pay for the rest of my life while I live in the country, ride horses, play baseball, and spend time with my family.                 I promise not to get power hungry.

 

It think that's enough for a good start!

 

Don't forget to write me in FOR EVERY POSITION on your next ballot!

1 comment:

The wench said...

NICE IDEAS,,,

You need some help down from your Soapbox?

Profile for Polarbz