Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

DAY 71 / JAN 08

DAY 71 / JAN 08

 

Feeling anxious today.  I don't know why.  I just have a sense that my heart is beating faster than usual for no reason.   I can't say that I think something bad is going to happen, I just feel jumpy.  I don't know if its too much caffeine, maybe too much coffee in the morning?   Maybe too much soda?  But, its not like I'm drinking anymore now than I have in the past… odd.  Guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

 

Hmmm, now feeling lethargic… slow.  Tired.  Maybe I'm coming down with something.  Hope not.

 

I was impressed today when I went to take my laundry to the laundry shop.  I took it in just after my morning meeting – probably about 0930.   I was impressed when they told me that I could pick up my laundry after 1400.  That's a pretty quick turn around.

 

This morning I heard rumors that I might be switching to another unit.  When I tried to get more details, the person I heard it from didn't know when, or even if it was relatively soon, and also didn't know where.   I swear, some people should just keep their rumors to themselves.  They just create confusion and trouble when they throw stuff out there without any information to support it.   I really don't care if I'm going to move, in fact, I KNOW that sometime I will move to another job, it's just a matter of when.  I would prefer to stay in what I'm doing until after we redeploy, but I could also see some good in switching out over here also.   Either way, I don't care, I'll do my job and come home around the same time anyway.  I probably will not have as much access to the internet or freedom to use it if I go anywhere else, but I'm also sure I won't be completely devoid of it either.   From what I hear, my current BN is about the most screwed up battalion anyone has ever been in – so, I guess that makes any move a step towards a better place.   Personally, I wouldn't mind staying here awhile longer.  If they offered me the job one step up from where I am now, I would gladly take it and stay on for another 18 months here.

 

Ahhh, I see that writing is making me feel a little better, but, it's also dinner-time.  I'll take this up again after chow.

 

SO, had some icky Chinese food for dinner.  The General Tso chicken was fair, but the noodles were slimy.   Wasn't all that hungry anyway.

 

            I received a bunch of mail yesterday, which was very nice!  I especially like the dvds from my wife (labled Deer Hunter on the packaging – cute [inside joke]).  They are mostly music videos just recorded from the TV (which I love, because we don't really have any music videos here).   But the best one is about 15 Mythbusters shows… I think that that is my favorite show on TV now.  If you haven't watched it, you should.   It educational and entertaining.

            I've been looking for an Ipod Shuffle to carry some music around in… but can't find one for under $100 (for the 1gig version).   My current player is too big to carry around and I worry that I'm going to crack the screen and break it.  I can't get to Ebay right now (my all-time favorite shopping spot) because of the blocks on the websites here, so I stuck shopping the regular retailers.   Someday I'll find a better deal – I don't really care if its new or used… just need it to work.

            Speaking of music, I have heard rumors that Evanescence will be releasing a new CD this year.   Can't wait.  They have the best music – and I actually mean the music, not just the lyrics.  I can listen to the music all by itself and still feel the passion in it.   The other day, at the memorial, they played the music to "My Immortal" and it was very fitting for the somber memorial.  Their music is both motivating and depressing and though provoking at the same time.   Few groups have all of those qualities at the same time.

            Have I rambled on enough for today?  Probably not, but we'll see.

 

            Oh yeah, I figured out today that at the rate people like me get promoted, my turn will come around October or November – if the rate stays at the average for the last three months.   The math goes something like this 4174 / 408 = 10.2ish.  What that means is that I'm 4174th on the list to be promoted.   So far, the monthly average has been 408 promotions.  So, considering that promotions only occur on the 1st of the month, I could see a new rank either in October or November.   However, if things don't stay at the same rate, it could be December or January.  You never really know until the list for the month comes out.  

 

            I think I hear gunfire outside, but its hard to tell with the wind.   Normally, I don't think anything of it because it's usually just the shooting range – but I doubt anyone is there now.  Its dark outside and starting to rain.   And the shooting sounds like its from two different types of weapons.  One is a heavier fump fump fump and one is lighter and quicker.  It could also be rain I suppose.  Never can tell around here.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz