Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Monday, February 06, 2006

DAY 69 / JAN 06

DAY 69 / JAN 06

 

            There was no more action last night after the initial mortars landed before the Superbowl.   I suspect that the insurgents were attempting to disrupt our festivities but made a miscalculation in their timing and fired their rounds too soon.  Like I said before, we fired counterbattery soon after.   Well, we also fired a terrain denial (to keep them from shooting again) about five minutes before the end of the game.  That was good plan.   It kept them from disrupting the end of the game.  Oh, and nothing blew up during the Superbowl, that's good.

            I went to bed at 0630 this morning and slept in 'til about 1130.  I took a quick shower and went to lunch.   By the time I woke up the uniform had been downgraded, so I didn't have to haul all of my crap to the DFAC.  I'm still tired and should probably get to bed early tonight.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz