Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Monday, May 26, 2008

See? Stilll a slug.

Even after having to rite about being a slug yesterday and all the ways I would NOT be /a slug in the future I still didnt make up for missing the post the other day. How hard is it really? Just put fingers on keys and let them go. It not like I was so busy doing other productive things that I didn't have time. I had plenty of time.

An my reward for not getting up this morning? Breakfast in bed! I guess its not all bad to be a slug. But, it only pays t be a slug when you have the best wife in the world - which I do - and therefore, the rest of you don't. So, forget about breakfast in bed, you slugs, and get to work!

But, because it is Memorial Day, I'll let you slide on the whole work thing. Speaking of memorial day, what exactly is the appopriate way to "celebrate" a holiday about remember those who have died for the freedoms we have? Beer? BBQ? Parties? Would all of those dead Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Coasties and Marines really have wanted everyone to have so much fun to remember their deaths? Hell yeah they would! There isn't a military member out there that wouldn't rather be at a big party with friends and family rather than at some dreary cemetery somewhere, visiting a chunk of stone. You can remember the fallen from anywhere - might as well be living the life they died for.

In other news, the Mars Phoenix lander successfully landed on Mars, bring the success rate for landing on the planet up to 50%! The new lander doesn't move, its just a little research platform that will take soil samples, looking for water and maybe life. The other two Mars explorers are still alive and kicking as far as I know, but they have begun to show their age after living over five years beyond their life expectancy and cruising all over the red planet - off roading where no one has gone before. I'm jealous.

So, enjoy your time off, and be sure to have an extra drink or two for those who can't.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz