Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Go Hard or Go Home

That's always a good question - what DID I do today?  I'm always damned busy, running here there and everywhere, but I can never put my finger on exactly what I actually got done!

PT this morning, nice and easy.  

I had another meeting at the FLCC (pronounced "FLOCK" and standing for Fort Lewis Command Center - although now I guess it should be the JBLMCC - Joint Base Lewis McChord Command Center - pronounced "Jibblemic" perhaps?)  Jibblemic.  That's pretty funny, I'm going to use that from now on.

I'm noticing that in the Army we like to abbreviate stuff - sometimes we abbreviate stuff in ways that don't actually make them any shorter.  For example: FBCB2 stands for Force Battle Command Brigade and Below.  Why couldn't it just be FBCBB?  Because having a number in there somehow makes it sound more official or important or something.  If we're going to abbreviate things - especially abbreviations, the least we can do is make them shorter.

This morning, over breakfast, I ordered a laptop from Woot.  I don't really need another laptop, but between my lovely wife's encouragement and my own willingness to convince myself of stuff, I ordered it.  It was relatively cheap, and I always like to play with new things.  Sarahann's funny.  She knows that when I'm on the fence about getting something, it only takes the slightest bit of encouragement to push me over the edge.  I think she likes doing it.  I sometimes get obsessive about things I think I need - or want.  I've resisted a few things, but they never go away, they just go into the background.

I need tires.  That means I need to research tires.  I have a slow leak in my right front tire, but the rest of the tires are pretty worn down too.  So far, I know I'm looking at A/T tires.  I'd like an aggressive tire that fills my wheel wells without rubbing inside at all.  I want them to be quiet-ish on the road and to provide great traction in the rain, mud, and on steep surfaces.  My last set were Brigdestone Dueler AT REVOs - they looked good and worked well.  I liked them, but they're kinda pricey.  I'll price out Discount Tire, Les Schwab, AAFES and some others before picking some.

The Winter Olympics are fantastic.  Watching the Women's Downhill now.  It's good, but one girl wrecked hard and the girl after her was taking it way too easy - had no chance.  I understand she's scared, but sometimes you have to suck it up - go hard or go home.  Also, the opening ceremonies were great.  I want a couple of the knit hats the US team wore - Moose and Flags - too cute!  If you know where I can find some let me know.  I checked Ebay and the Official Olympic store without luck.

Wednesday nights are comedy night on TV.  First its Jeopardy!  It's not funny, but it keeps the brain limber!  After that is "Modern Family," "The Middle" and "Cougar Town."  I lol for just about the whole time they're on.

And why the hell are my commercials so damned loud!  I have to mute them to hear myself think.  I need to get a remote that works the sound on my Yahama Sound Bar.  The regular Comcast remote doesn't do it.

Tomorrow is Thursday - paradoxially both my favorite and least favorite day of the week.  I get to sleep in for about 45 minutes and then I go to Officer PT.  Tomorrow we're playing "Ultimate Rugby."  I like to compete and I like to win.  I usually come home tire, dirty, and bleeding from one injury or another.  Limping is also common.  After that the day starts its "suck."  My whole week culminates on Thursday.  The training meeting is the big event of the day.  Tomorrow's prep for it is what's going to suck.  My Training NCO keeps changing out - it's a new guy tomorrow.  I don't think the Companies have turned their slides in yet - they were due Tuesday.  I'll work my fingers off in the morning, work through lunch, and finish up ten minutes before the meeting.

Off to watch some Olympics and get some quality cuddles in.  Be jealous.


No comments:

Profile for Polarbz