Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Finally Friday

Nothing special about this morning.  We got the kids off to school and that was that!  Honestly, I'm kinda tired, so this might be short.

A few days ago, I saw some video on YouTube challenging atheists to bring their one most compelling argument about the non-existence of god to a YouTube debate about the subject.  I personally think the YouTube debates are stupid and pointless rehashes of the same arguments neither side has been listening to forever.  There are some exceptions, but they are few and far between.  However, if I were to respond to that one YouTuber about the best argument for the non-existence of god, my video would be very short.  It would consist of simply the words, "Which one?"  Which of the myriad of gods throughout history do they want my best argument against?  Zeus?  Apollo?  Mithra?

This morning I watched Tiger Woods make his heartfelt speech about how sorry he was, blah blah blah.  I don't think he's really that sorry, I think his publicist recommended he tell everyone he was sorry.  Really, the only person he needed to apologize to was his wife.  Everyone else is just butting their noses into things that aren't there business.  He should have told them so.  And then create his own golf tour, complete with naked beer-cart girls and golf cheerleaders.  Maybe it could get some ratings that way.

At work, the network was up and down - mostly down.  It made it virtually impossible to get any actual work done OR to kill time surfing.  It was terrible.  I used the time to try and tidy up my desk and shred a bunch of papers that I hoped I didn't need again.  I finally managed to get ahold of the guy who spent $6k on TDY.  He still has some questions to answer, but I think it was legitimate.

For lunch, I warmed up some of last nights yummy chicken and linguini dinner.  We had a mandatory class on the military "Code of Conduct" requirements - complete with movie clips.  The projector bulb burned out in the middle of it, but we happened to have a spare projector not too far away.  I also managed to get my boss to sign my pass for next Friday.  Yay!

After lunch we had a meeting to discuss the Long Range Calendar with the BC.  It took forever.  And ever.  After it ended, we had another meeting.  Damn.  

When that one was over, I rushed out to Amber's soccer game.  She played great and I'd post pictures, but I just haven't got around to uploading them yet.  So what if they lost, she did good.  If her goalie had known how to play the game, it might have been different.

Right after the game, we rushed home, and I changed into civilian clothes so we could go to the mandatory hail and farewell at the Black Angus.  The event was entirely too long.  We got there at 6 and didn't leave til about 830.  The food was decent, the price was ok, but it just dragged on and on.  I mean, I don't dislike the people I work with, but I just spent the day with them - including lunch - do I really need to have dinner and a movie with them also?  Sarahann and I sat with my boss and we bullshitted about movies, kids, places to live, and probably some other stuff.  Religion and politics didn't come up, or it could have at least been an entertaining evening.

While we were out, the kids trashed the house and didn't clean up anything - no big surprise there.  After getting them on track, we just sat and relaxed.  And I am still relaxing and watching the Olympics.  While I write, Sarahann is sprawled out in front of the fireplace, sleeping like a baby.

Tomorrow, the girls have a Girl Scout meeting at 3pm.  That should be interesting.  It'll be good for them to get back into something.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz