Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

DAY 95 / MAR 04

DAY 95 / MAR 04

            We started the morning off bright and early (0530) – ok, maybe not so bright, but definitely early.   We (our company) had a date with Dodgeball Destiny.  We took the court with our ally, the HHT Hurricanes, against the dreaded Argonauts and Hawks.

            Across the court from our opponents, we Knights prepared for battle, stretched our bodies and took off like a shot from the whistle.   Our fully trained warriors raced to the center to secure the weapons of our trade – red rubber balls, some fully inflated, some partially inflated, and some not quite empty and leaking.   Securing our half of the court, we proceeded to advance on the enemy.  Our first strikes drew first blood, sending an Argonaut to the floor.   Their retaliation also resulted in the loss of many fine and gallant Knights.  With our red rubber weapons of war we battled to a stalemate; our opponents after the weaker fodder were destroyed and killed we were equally matched.   Upon a general consensus we agreed to throw out the borders and went into a battle-rage.  We charged across the established lines and met our foes head to head, our blazing eyes meeting theirs in close combat as red rubber flew and more enemy fell.   Some took balls to the head, others to the legs and arms, all were mortally wounded.

            For my own moment of glory, the story goes like this:  I charged into the midst of battle with one red sphere of death.  I focused on the enemy and hurled with all my might, using the momentum of my body to further accelerate my projection of the ball.   It struck home, the force obliterating my enemy's hold on his own weapon as he was knocked backwards, falling to the floor.  My own balance was lost in the force of the throw and I slid on my back across the field of battle.   When I stopped, I was at the feet of an enemy Soldier.  I knew my time had come and I steeled myself for one final blow.   I watched in slow motion as the red ball was projected straight down towards me – my opponent's face already rejoicing in my sure defeat.  I felt the ball impact against me and, to my surprise, discovered it was a mostly deflated ball.   With the skill and mettle of my forefathers flowing through me, I captured the ball and held on against its driving force.  Cheers erupted from my comrades (both alive and dead) as I regained my feet holding the enemy weapon.   The vanquished enemy fell by the wayside and I rejoined the battle.  But the tide had turned and the will of the enemy was broken.   Those who did not surrender were destroyed (that was all of them).  We emerged from the field victorious.  Another foe vanquished.

 

            Ok, so, we just played dodgeball.  Yes we won.   And that was just a little creative license.  Sheesh.  But, I did fall down and catch a ball while on my back.   But, it was from a girl who couldn't throw very hard.  I think the first story was more exciting.  The other team had a tendency to bring in extra people or just simply refused to go out.   Still, we won.  It just made it harder.

            Then we had a BN level class and that was about the day.  Aside from all the usual stuff.  No meeting today, but no sleeping in.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz