Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

DAY 100 / MAR 09

DAY 100 / MAR 09

27% and counting.

 

Happy Birthday to my brother.  He made it another year.  How very surprising!   I sent a card about 3 weeks ago.  Hope he gets it, but you never can tell.  I sent a Valentine's Card to my wife about 4 weeks ago – and its still not there.   However, the carpet I sent 2 weeks ago got there.  I should have just waited until I sent the carpet to send the card!

 

Anyway, the big 100 was just another quiet day.  Which is still a good thing.   I managed to avert having to send my Soldiers on a dangerous run up north by sheer luck, so that's good, at least I have luck going for me

 

We downgraded the uniform today to soft caps instead of Kevlar.  That was a big step that I personally never thought we'd make.   The reason for the change was because it was directed by a two-star General who pretty much told the guy in charge to "get with the program."  I'm kinda split on the issue.  Yeah, the Kevlar doesn't provide MUCH protection, but it does provide a whole bunch more than the softcap.  The sand blew around all day, pretty much giving everything a sand blasting and covering everything in a nice fine layer of it.   It is supposed to rain soon, so it'll be less sandy, but more muddy.  Can't win for losing I suppose. 

 

Not much else to say.  Everything is well, the Soliders are doing good and the bombs and bullets aren't doing any damage inside the fence.  We did have an IED go off on a vehicle that was transporting some of Saddaam's sister's furniture to a museum.   No one was hurt, and I think the furniture was also unharmed.  Good thing, some of it is gold plated.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz