Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

DAY 40 /JAN 9

DAY 40 / JAN 8

 

Now that I have internet in my office, my time to write has become significantly cut into.  I no longer have to travel ½ mile to use a decent speed internet (ie dialup speeds).

 

But, anyhow, today was uneventful, but last night something went on.  As I was going to bed, I heard the unmistakable sounds of gunfire and what I thought was a M2 .50 caliber machine gun firing from one of the towers.   I didn't think much of it, and went to sleep. 

 

Today I found out that some insurgents were killed last night from that 50 cal.  Good for them.   I suspect they were planting an IED or trying to fire mortars at us again.  Maybe that will teach them to stay the hell away.

 

The only other important thing that happened today was that I finally got my containers moved to an area by my company.   That means when the rain stops and it isn't so damned muddy, I can finally get my boxes out and finish unpacking.

 

Tomorrow is another meeting morning that I always look forward to!  I'm still using that coffee mug I mentioned before, so the plan is working!

 

I invested in a headset with earphones and mic, but for some reason I can't make it work with google talk.  I had the microphone on the computer working fine yesterday, but now, even though it works fine with the computer diagnostics, it doesn't work on the google talk.  After adjusting settings, I still don't know what the issue is.   I'll have to try again tomorrow.

 

 

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz