Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Last Week...

So I didn't anything yesterday or for a few days now.  I was tired.  Sheesh!
 
Last Tuesday:
For PT we had Staff PT, which means that the Battalion Staff gets together and does PT apart from the rest of the company for comraderie purposes.  We went upstairs, out of the slight chill and did some "Playing Card" PT.  Essentially, each suit of the deck is assigned an exercise - in our case it was Push-Ups, Diamond Push-ups, Flutter kicks, and Frog Kicks for Hearts, Diamonds, Spades, and Clubs respectively.  You do the number of repetions for each exercise based on the value of the card - Aces = 25, Face cards = 10, Jokers = 50.  The deck was poorly shuffled so all the hard cards (big numbers, face cards, etc) were at the top.  Everyone was good and smoked pretty quick.  For future use, I'd probably make one of the exercises into a stair run to add some cardio variety, but it wasn't my choice.
 
After PT, its coffee, shower, and drive in to work.  One of the things on the radio was about how everything is going "3-D."  I know things have advance a lot since the 80's when 3-D first tried to come out, but until you don't need glasses, I just don't see how it will ever make it into serious mainstream entertainment - especially for TVs.  I have enough trouble finding the damned remote (tangent - anyone know of a Universal remote that works the sound on the Yamaha Sound Bar?) much less trying to find my 3-D glasses to watch TV.  Good thought, I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
 
When I made it to work, I was immediately sucked into a mandatary CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear) class.  We went over the different types of agents, what they do and the preventive measures for them.  We watched an old 1940s film about how nerve agents affect birds and goats.  First you twitch, then you twitch more, then you die.  Total time is less than 2 minutes.  The good news is that if you put your mask on, you can live!  Yay!  And maybe you can help your buddy who is a little slower on the draw.
 
On a side note, my Windows 7 Beta is about to expire - I suppose I better do something about that.
 
On Wednesday after the kids were off to school, I had some wonderful pancakes for breakfast and fresh coffee.  I took my lunch in a Scooby Doo soft box (its in my pictures).
 
The whole Washington State legislature bypassing the initiative that makes it harder to raise taxes irked me a lot.  They should all be fired (recalled).  I udnerstand they think they need to raise taxes and all, but setting aside laws that the people drew up and voted in is a complete smack in the face to the public.
 
I went to the 1SG's Course Graduation.  It was about what you'd expect from a typical Army school graduation ceremony.  Pomp and circumstance and a speaker.  Yay!
 
I spent the rest of Wednesday working on Training Slides with a headache.  It sucked. 
 
Thursday was actually better.  We had OPT in the morning and played a game like lacrosse without the sticks with nets on them.  Sarahann and I rushed through the morning putting together signal flags for the SGM who uses them as going-away presents. 
 
When I got to work, I had a PBO brief with the CW2 in charge of property so I would be prepared for the inventories that were coming up.  Then, I was going over the training slides and realized that someone had copied a bunch of useless crap over my good slides!  I thought I was going to have to recreate them, but it turned out they hadn't copied over the good slides, they had just added their crappy slides to my good ones.  I deleted them.
 
There is a horrendous low-pitch humm and rumble coming from the nearby construction site that quickly makes me naseous.
 
The training meeting went good, and I still hadn't developed the usual Thursday headache.  That was good.  Late in the day, I received a notice that we had to read a book for an upcoming OPD - "This Kind of War."  I downloaded it onto my Kindle and I suppose I'll start reading at some point.
 
At the training meeting I learned that the battalion has a higher than average rate of STDs.   
 
Coming up... a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz