Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lazy Sunday

I love lazy Sundays!  This morning we woke up to a quiet house - all the kids were asleep.  I made some coffee and relaxed on the front porch, with the morning sun on my back while I browse'sd the news.  

I see that General Petreaus is saying that the Marjah fight in Afghanistan is just the beginning of a larger campaign.  I hope they get moving - It'd be nice to have all of that unpleasantness straightened out before my vacation to the area.

Finally, I got to work and inputted all of my Jeep maintenance information into my online database.  Then I got to thinking about my tires - I need new tires, but I think I might be able to get some new tires cheaper because my current tires are still within their 50k warranty.  Tomorrow, I'll go to the Bridgestone store on post and see what they can do for me.

I played some baseball with Carmen this morning while still in my jammies.

We're also considering buying our house and trying to figure out the best way to get the process started.  The owner wants to sell, but we need to find a good lender first.  We're not really sure how to best implement our VA benefits, so we'll need to get some help in that area.

Later we took the kids to the mall and dropped them off.  We took Carmen and did some shopping at Costco and found some geocaches around town.  We grabbed some lunch at Arby's and met the kids at Border's Book Store.  Carmen picked out a book by Miley Cyrus - I figure that she's 7 - that's probably about Miley's writing level.  Just kidding, I don't know how well Miley can write - they words looked easy enough for Carmen to read.

Before we went to the mall, we caught some cachers at our geocache!  They had a small boy with them who wasn't quite enthralled with the idea of having to "trade" any of his treasures for the treasures in the cache.  Sarahann came to the rescue and hooked him up with a St. Patrick's Day pencil to quell the tears.  It's always nice to introduce new cachers to the sport!

Now, we're back home, watching some Olympic Hockey and getting ready for a wonderful smelling pot roast dinner!

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz