Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Hole!

So, today my oldest daughter added a new hole to her head.  I took her out to get her nose pierced.  She's been asking for one for awhile now, and I have had no real objection to it.  Then she started asking for a "Monroe" piercing (high on the upper lip, like Marilyn Monroe's mole).  I think those look kinda silly.  So, I compromised.  I let her get the nose piercing in exchange for not asking for the "Monroe."  For me, its a trade of something I don't mind (the nose piercing) for something I do (the "Monroe").  We both win.

Originally, we were going to have the job done at the "Claire's" in the mall, like we did with her ears, but when I did a little research, I found that those places (mall piercing places) aren't exactly renowned for their sterility and experience.  People who get piercings there are more likely to develop an infection.  So, I did some research for body piercing places in the area and picked out a place called "Painless Steel Tattoo."

When we arrived, the guy in charge was friendly and asked all the questions we expected - age, ID, and parental consent.  The store was well lit and exceptionally clean.  Then we filled out the paperwork and Amber picked the stud she wanted (clear/white).  Then we waited.

After a few minutes, she was called into a back room where Amber was told what to expect and what was going to happen.  She was a little nervous, but handled it well.  Soon enough, the piercer had stuck the needle through Amber's nose, twisted it around, and cut off the excess.  Amber barely flinched.





Then she started talking about a tattoo.  The answer to that one is "no."  Why?  Because tattoos are forever - if you don't like it, too bad.  Piercings can heal up if you grow out of them.

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz