Life, the Universe, and Everything.

Monday, June 02, 2008

A Wii Fit Miffed

Its Monday.  All weekend, I debated whether or not to hold myself to the weekday standard I had established and decided against it.  Everyone needs a break, right? 

 

There was one thing that continually aggravated me over the weekend.  Every other commercial on the TV was for the Wii Fit.  Which is fine, great even.  The commercials are cute and I think a Wii Fit would be fun.  Here’s where it starts to be aggravating – I go to WalMart to get one and they don’t have any and don’t have any idea when they will be getting any.  Nice.  Oh well, WalMart is sold out, no biggie.  Then, we go to the one place where they absolutely SHOULD have them – Gamestop.  And, as we walk up to the doors, there are indeed boxes that proclaim “Wii Fit” just waiting to be picked up! Hooray!  Imagine our dismay when we pick up the box and not only is it empty, but the clerk behind the counter virtually scoffs at us for assuming that there would actually be a “Wii Fit” in the Wii Fit box – what kind of silly n00bs are we??  As it turns out, the Wii Fit is sold out across the country and more won’t even be in the US until mid June.

 

You know, even with ALL THAT, I would still be ok with it.  I understand if the Wii Fit is super-popular and boxes are flying off the shelves.  I would understand if production couldn’t keep up with demand and Nintendo was doing all it could to get us all a Wii Fit.  But, they aren’t.  Oh noooo.  This is an intentional market shorting just to drive up interest by all the people who don’t realize that the Wii Fit has been available in Japan since last November.  This “market shortage” is great for Ebayers though, who are raking in $150 for a $90 toy. 

 

Maybe I’m just bitter that I didn’t reserve five Wii Fits before they came out so I could sell them on Ebay and make a profit.  Or maybe its just that if someone advertises something, it should be available SOMEWHERE nearby without being price-gouged for it.

 

No problem, I’m perfect content with my PS3 playing Call of Duty 4.

 

On another note – I have done absolutely ZERO of my workout stuff for the day.  It’s going to be a rough evening!

No comments:

Profile for Polarbz